Integration with Capture One

A place to find NeoFinder support questions and answers
stuartb

Integration with Capture One

Post by stuartb »

I have successfully integrated with Capture One in session mode, either by dragging images from NeoFinder or just using the folder structure. I am using CR3 compressed raw files. The original thumbnail is displayed correctly but I cannot see a way of forcing any edited images to show the updated thumbnail in NeoFinder. Capture One produces sidecar xml files with the edits. I have tried changing the NeoFinder preferences to use xml files but with no success. Any suggestions?
neo-admin
Site Admin

Re: Integration with Capture One

Post by neo-admin »

Do these PhaseOne sidecar xml files contain a thumbnail?

"I have tried changing the NeoFinder preferences to use xml files" What exactiy did you so there?
stuartb

Post by stuartb »

On looking again I should have been more careful. They are xmp files. As far as I can see they just contain regular xmp information.

There is a separate directory that contains some proprietary looking files and these probably contain the editing history. In addition, there is a specific folder called 'thumbnails' which contain files with a .cot extension.
neo-admin
Site Admin

Post by neo-admin »

And NeoFinder does read those COT files for you, as they are really just JPG...
stuartb

Post by stuartb »

I assume that NeoFinder is just looking for a file with the same root name and a .cot extensions. I made changes to one of the files, checked the directory and confirmed that the file had been updated, then copied the .cot file into the same folder as the original .cr3 file. I updated that catalog but the changes did not appear in the NeoFinder thumbnail. Do I need to do something else?
neo-admin
Site Admin

Post by neo-admin »

Hello,

can you please forward one of the .cot files to the Neofinder support for further investigation?

Thank you!